Friday, February 8, 2013

Baby Shower!



Well, we have our nursery all set up and it’s so pretty, I love it. It’s all neutral colors, pretty much just dark brown wood with beige and white accents, I’ll try to throw in a few colors when I make the curtains, but I haven’t even picked out fabric yet, so we’ll see what I can find, maybe I’ll just stick to the neutrals, I think they look really good, very classy, clean and fresh. 

Last Saturday Julia and Marianna (my sister and mother-in-law) threw me a baby shower, with some help from Clara and Deborah too, my younger sisters-in-law. Well, let me tell you, it was beautiful! It was more than I had hoped for! The colors were perfect, not just all pink, which I liked, she used yellows, greens and some oranges too, it was really pretty. The food was delicious, the games were fun, and the company was great! A lot of my friends were able to make it, which I really appreciated, and a lot of David’s family came to support me too which was really sweet, two of David’s aunts came and several of his cousins, so that made me feel really good. I received a lot of gifts for my little girl, which was so great! I’m so grateful for everything that we got and really felt blessed to have received so much. We got a lot of clothes that are so so cute! Our little girl is going to be stylin’ for sure! We got a beautiful, soft, homemade blanket from a sweet sister from my mission, an adorable homemade dress from an old mission companion of mine who recently learned to sew. We got crib sheets, baby wash, toys, and books! It was so amazing and we really are very grateful for everything that we received and for everyone who came, and of course for David’s family for hosting such a wonderful baby shower for me.


























On Sunday we went over to Maile and Michael’s house to watch the Super Bowl! It was fun, I got to cuddle with David the whole time and eat yummy food, so it was a good night. As soon as we got in the car to go home though, I think I got my first contraction! Yeah, weird! It was in my upper abdomen where the top of my uterus is, it was a sharp cramping pain that lasted for about a minute, it wasn’t really severe or anything, but it was definitely uncomfortable. I haven’t felt any contractions since then, just the one, so that was kinda weird. 

We are still really hoping to get a local internship for David this summer, so since I work at a sheet metal fabrication company, we work with a lot of different engineering companies, so this week I decided to ask my boss at work if maybe he knew of any of the companies that we work with that are offering some kind of summer internship for mechanical engineers. My boss thought he might know of a few, so he made a few phone calls and had me talk to a gentleman who said he wanted to see David’s resume! So I’m feeling pretty good that I may have helped David find an internship, so we’ll see how it turns out! 

We are still waiting to hear back from the graduate schools that David applied to. This week he got a really interesting email from Purdue University, who is interested in flying him out to visit their school and check it out! Isn’t that so awesome?! We are so excited! David has already accepted and will be flying out there on February 28th and coming back on March 2nd. This is obviously a good sign for us, because they probably wouldn’t offer to pay to fly him out if they weren’t really interested in him, so we’re thinking that this means he’ll get accepted! So that was some really good news for us this week, especially because Purdue is ranked #8 in the nation for his graduate program! I’m super proud of David, and I can tell that he’s really excited. So, we might be moving to Indiana in August! That would definitely be an adventure!

3 comments:

  1. Yea, baby is coming next month! It looks like a beautiful shower, and exciting news about Purdue...maybe you could ,over into the Wilcox's house! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could have been at your shower! Looks so cute! I'm so excited for you! So exciting about Purdue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this and I love you! Move to DC already!

    ReplyDelete