Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Well... We're Having a Baby!


Well, I guess it’s about time we tell people… We’re going to have a baby! I’m now just over 20 weeks along! I can’t believe I’m already halfway through my pregnancy! I’m in my second trimester and boy am I glad of it because the first trimester was pretty rough! I lost about 10 pounds, had no energy, pretty much just felt crappy all the time, and I threw up in some pretty awkward places…. So now that I’m in my second trimester, I have been feeling quite a bit better. Nausea is mostly gone, except for the occasional wave if I smell something nasty or wait too long to eat or something. I've got a little tummy showing and I can feel the baby move! David finally was able to feel the baby too a few days ago, so that was cool. I kept having him try to feel my tummy when the baby was kicking particularly hard, but he couldn't feel it. So I’m glad he was able to finally feel it too, he was excited.
We were lucky enough to get an ultrasound at my very first doctor’s appointment! I was 9 weeks and 6 days, which they were able to confirm by measuring our little baby, so now we know that my due date is March 22, 2012. I was so surprised to see how much our little baby was moving around during the ultrasound, I didn't expect that at all. But as we watched our little baby, it was kicking around and waving it’s tiny arms all over the place, it was so amazing!



Even though we have a picture and got to see our little one and hear it’s heartbeat, it still sometimes doesn't feel real. I mean, I know that I’m pregnant, but it doesn't seem real that there’s really a little baby that David and I created growing inside me. It’s a miracle and we’re both so happy! It definitely feels a little more real now that I can feel our little baby move and I have a little tummy to show for it. I really can’t believe that I’m halfway done with my pregnancy already!
After our first ultrasound, we anxiously awaited our second ultrasound, where we would be able to find out what whether we are having a boy or a girl! We both were having dreams about it, and we both had dreams about boys and girls, so we didn't know what was going to happen! Ever since I got pregnant though, I've felt like we were going to have a girl… And call it mother’s intuition, because I was right! We had our ultrasound on Friday, November 2nd and we are indeed having a little girl! We’re very excited.




The ultrasound was fun, I had a perma-grin the whole time and I kept asking questions, I’m sure I was annoying the ultrasound tech, but I don’t even care. We got to see our little girl and how much she’s grown since our first ultrasound over 10 weeks ago. She has adorable little feet and a cute round tummy. The ultrasound tech gave us a picture of our baby’s face, which basically just looks like a skull, but our baby girl actually looks kind of like a vampire in the picture… Which is awesome! It makes me smile every time I look at it. She is perfectly healthy and measured exactly with our same due date of March 22, 2013.




Here’s a link to a video about what will be happening with our baby in the next several weeks until we hit the third trimester at 28 weeks.


We have a lot of changes to look forward to in the next year of our lives. I will be getting my Associates Degree in December and then taking a break from school for a while, I’ll still work until  a little bit before the baby is born though. David will be graduating in April with his Bachelors, he’ll get a summer internship and then we’ll head off to who knows where for Grad school in August. But the biggest and most exciting change will obviously be our addition to the family, our little baby girl. I love her already and I can’t wait to meet her. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats girl! Little ones are so fun. Sorry you were so sick in the beginning. It gets much better until you are to big to enjoy it. But then baby comes and its all worth it.

    ReplyDelete