Tuesday, August 12, 2014

It's a girl! We have a house. I hate spiders.

Well, we officially announced our pregnancy this Saturday after having our ultrasound on Friday and finding out that we are having another girl! We are so excited! Luckily I show very small in my pregnancies, so we can hide it pretty much as long as we want. Anyway, a girl! Yay! I guess my intuition was right again! We are happy to be having another little girl, it'll be so fun having two girls so close in age, I hope they'll be the best of friends. Also, it's going to be significantly less expensive considering we won't have to buy anything!




I'm 21 weeks along as of today. I am a bit conflicted in saying that though, because in our ultrasound the baby was measuring significantly smaller, 9 days smaller. That's kind of a lot. That would make my due date January 1st instead of December 23rd. The midwife said they would wait until the doctor officially reviews the ultrasound before they change my due date, or until I get closer to term, if the baby still measures small. So I guess we'll see.

We finally closed on our house on July 26th! It was 5 days late, but at least we did it! We are so excited to be moved in! We are getting settled nicely, the main room is unpacked, Noelle's room is unpacked, the bathroom is unpacked and the kitchen is mostly unpacked. We are getting some work done in the kitchen, which they started today, but won't be able to finish until later this week, so once they are done we will finish things up in there. Our bedroom is looking pretty rough still, but that's because I'm going to be painting our dresser and headboard, so we can't put anything in them until the weather clears up and I can get them painted!

It's so fun being homeowners! I'm loving making it our own, nesting, and deciding where everything will go, David is doing lots of little projects to fix things up, like fixing our leaky kitchen faucet last night, putting blinds up in the family room, and putting doorstops in all the bedrooms, I must say it's very sexy seeing him be so handy. We also got a lawn mower and it'll be David's job to mow the lawn every Saturday morning, after mowing it this weekend it seriously made such a big difference! Our house looked so much better! And it didn't creep me out to walk in the grass anymore, so that was a definite bonus. We also inherited a tomato garden, of which we are very much enjoying reaping the benefits. Although, the garden is a little creepy too because they didn't put cages around the tomato plants, so they are crazy and everywhere and I have a horrible fear of spiders, and living in Indiana only increases that fear because they are literally everywhere! It's disgusting, so going to pick tomatoes from the garden, although exciting, creeps me out so bad ha ha. I know, I'm a wuss cake, but an unruly garden plus a spiderweb infestation in the backyard leads to thoughts of arachnophobia and killer spider half breeds taking over my house. Trust me, it's not good. A few days ago I took an old wire hanger and a shoe and got rid of most all the spiderwebs surrounding my house and garage (mostly garage). It made me feel much better and safer, but David thought I being a bit ridiculous. I didn't tackle the inside of the garage as of yet because it scares me too bad and because the light in there doesn't work, so the spiders have a definite advantage, and that's not ok with me! This weekend we will be getting some bug killer and spraying the garage and the outside of the house. That is not negotiable. Luckily we have only had some daddy long legs inside the house, the friendliest and least scary (in my opinion) of all the spiders. I think I have basically eradicated them all now though.

I'll post pictures later of our before and after kitchen and when all the rooms get done and pictures hung and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment