Friday, February 17, 2012

All Things Valentine

So, Valentines day is Awesome! David and I decided to celebrate last Saturday since we would be able to spend the whole day together rather than on Tuesday when we woul only see eachother after 7pm. So we went to Tucano's for lunch and it was delicious! They had a Valentines special going on, where for just a few more dollars you got extra special kinds of meat, like london broil wrapped in bacon and delicious stuff like that. We also got a rose and chocolate truffles at the end. The rose was beautiful but I don't like chocolate so David got both truffles.


While we waited for lunch, because there was an hour wait (I think a lot of people had the same idea as us to celebrate early), we went over to the Provo Beach Club and rode the Carosel, which we also did last year, so we decided to make a tradition of it and ride a carosel every year for Valentines day. We killed the time by playing some games and winning like 450 tickets in like 30 minutes! I'm sure that has to be some kind of record! We used our tickets to buy some blow up golf clubs and a ball so that we can play miniature golf in our apartment, rubber duckies, a whoopie cushon and some other little trinkets. 



After lunch David took me to see "The Vow," which is a new chick flick that I have wanted to see. Unfortunately it wasn't as good as I wanted it to be, but it was still fun and I appreciate that he took me to see it. Afterward we went to FYE, which is a huge entertainment store where you can get movies, cds, games and stuff like that. Apparently they are closing so they were having a huge sale and everything was cheap. So we were lucky enough to find matching Mario t-shirts! David found a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles one too. They were each only like 5 dollars, so we definitely scored! I love my new mario shirt, I've been wanting one for a long time, since Mario is pretty much one of my heros and all, and it's fun that we have matching ones too.

We gave eachother gifts, David gave me some really beautiful flowers, a mix of roses and lilies. Lilies are my favorite. They have made our apartment smell so good this last week and they are just so beautiful to look at! He also got me a really great new blender because our old one doesn't work. I love it! We've had smoothies pretty much everyday this week. No joke. Yum. I gave David a new pair of pajamas, a pair of jeans, a t-shirt, and I made him a photobook of he and I and our adventures together called "Happiness is..." It was such a good day and we had so much fun together. I love being in love, and I love that I have such a fun husband.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are such a cute couple. Love to hear all the fun things you do together! LOVE that Mario is your hero ;)

    I'm excited to celebrate tonight with my hubby! He's back in town!

    ReplyDelete