Friday, February 3, 2012

Pizza, Nickles and more

So this last weekend was awesome! So awesome that I didn't have time to write about it until now. First of all we got to sleep in and relax on Saturday which was great! Then we went to lunch at Pizza Pie Cafe, which I don't know if you guys know, but Pizza Pie Cafe is awesome! It's all you can eat salad, pasta, and pizza, including dessert pizza, which is important to mention because it's like half of what we eat ha ha. After stuffing ourselves we decided that we would go to the Nicklecade. It's awesome because we only spent $10 there and we were there for like 2 hours! It was SO fun! We played oldschool Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Mario, as well as newer ones like Fruit Ninja and some shooting games and some racing games. Also, I am proud to say that I beat David at both racing games that we played, which didn't make him too happy ha ha, but I'm skilled, what can I say? After we spent all our nickles we used the 60 tickets that we won to buy a fun little plastic popper that you turn inside out and set on a flat surface and it shoots up in the air. Then we got two little umbrellas to fancy up our drinks when we got home. I made Crystal Lite, we put in our umbrellas and relaxed on the couch watching movies the rest of the night, it was awesome!

Once Monday rolled around it was back to the daily grind which has kept me busy enough to not write until now, but luckily I have Fridays off work now to do stuff like write in my blog! David kept really busy this week with his career fair at school. I guess there were like 120-150 different engineering companies that went to BYU to this career fair to try and find people for jobs or for internships, so David was there meeting people and handing out his resume in hopes of getting a summer internship. He's already applied to places in Seattle, Washington DC and places all over Utah, but this career fair just gave him more opportunites. I guess several of the companies will be back on campus next week doing interviews of some of the people they met at the fair, so David is hoping to get a few calls and have some interviews. Which of course I think he will get a bunch of interviews because I think he's a genius, so who wouldn't hire him? Right?

This weekend should be fun too, we are headed down to Southern Utah tonight to go to my nephew's baby blessing. We're excited to get to hang out with my family. Also, I'm fulling intending on bringing ALL of our laundry and doing it while we are down there. We haven't done our laundry for like 2 weeks and we are down to the wire, so we are bringing it all with us so that we don't have to pay $15 to do it at our apartment complex in their lame facility. Besides, then we hardly have to pack anything, because we are bringing all of our clothes with us already! All we have to bring is toiletries :).

2 comments:

  1. Ashley--I am SO glad that you beat David--it is nice to know he is being humbled a bit:) Have a great time in Southern UT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun date! Love the prizes and how you used them. My girls love the poppers (it's one of the few prizes they don't ever get sick of) :). Sounds like a fun week-end coming up!

    ReplyDelete