Friday, February 24, 2012

Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings

So this last weekend was President's Day right? Yeah, so that means that we had a long weekend! No work or school for us on Monday, so we had a play day. Sunday night we had a slumber party... Yes that's right, you read that correctly, a slumber party! We went over to our besties home on Sunday night for dinner and had a sleep over! We watched movies, ate food, talked, played games, and boy was it fun! Monday we had a rousing game of Risk, but not regular old risk, rather Lord of the Rings Risk! I know, that sounds intense, and it was! We turned on Lord of the Rings music on Pandora as we played, each person trying to take over Middle Earth! Well, after several hours of play we decided to call it a game because we were no where near the end. We declared no winner, but I will say, it looked awfully good for me...

Before our sleepover on Sunday and Monday we had a fun date on Satruday. We went out with Maile and Michael to the Nicklecade again and it was super fun! They have these one games where there are 4 right next to eachother and you can race eachother, so we did that one a lot since we could all 4 play. David won like everytime I think, I got second everytime but once. We had to rotate machines so that we would know that no one machine had the advantage ha ha. We figured out that Michael is just really bad a racing, not that the machine he was on was bad ha ha.

Once our week began though it was a rough one. Full of tests and homework. Like today, David has to take a test and he won't get home tonight until probably 10pm. Last night David and I only got to spend about 2 hours together before it was time for us to turn in and go to sleep. It was crazy, but it was good because David got to go tutor a girl in math and he made $40, so now we get to have a sweet date tomorrow! Starting off with a trip to the Oquirra Mountain Temple and then lunch at Joe's Crab Shack. It should be fun. I've never been to the Oquirra Mountain Temple, but it's close to Joe's, so we decided it would be fun to go there. Last time we went to Joe's Crab Shack was the day after we got married, it was delicious! So we've had quite the hankering to go back.

So I'm reading all the Harry Potter books, I love them. I'm on the third one right now and it's getting so intense! Of course I know what happens because I've seen the movies a million times because I love them, but it's still exciting! It's fun to find the differences between the books and movies as I'm reading, which I'm finding that they are really close! The third one definitely has the most differences so far.



1 comment:

  1. I loved reading the Harry Potter books! They are so fun and addicting! I'm starting the Hunger Games series. You read that, right? Hope you had a fun week-end and date.

    ReplyDelete